Sunday, November 21, 2010

I AM THANKFUL (and it's gonna make you laugh why I am today!!:)

This is a good one, I PROMISE!!(and one I hope to never have again) I AM THANKFUL for a home security system that I now know is REALLY fast on response time-yep, that's right REEEALLY FAST!!

Here's the story: When we came home Jackson had a TOTAL blow out and Dennis was sick too- Ugh. So Jackson gets a bath, I'm unloading the car and trying to throw nasty clothes in the washer when I grab my purse, then the diaper bag out of the car and all of the sudden a REALLY loud alarm starts going off. I think it's the dryer overloaded and Dennis thinks its the smoke alarm, then Dennis realizes it's the security system!!

So he runs and turns it off and says, 'watch Jackson, I'm going to be sick again'(grrrreat). I drop all of my stuff (while then realizing it WAS me who set off the alarm bc the key fobb was in my purse and went off when the diaper bag hit it) and grab Jackson to put him in his highchair where I can hopefully get him some food-and get everything else under control.

Then Dennis hollers from the bathroom to check his phone bc he think that the alarm company probably tried to call (I think 'yeah right' it went off for all of 10 seconds before we turned it off) So I go looking for his phone and then MY phone rings and who is it you ask?!?!? It's the alarm company-wanting to know our 'all clear' password which of COURSE I don't know/remember!! (please be laughing by now people!!)

Dennis has me say one, and it's not the password, so we guess again and thankfully it's the right one except NOW the police have already been notified and are one their way!! Sure enough I look outside as I'm hanging up my phone and there's a cop shining his flashlight at our porch-OIY!! (this is seriously all in a matter of a minute and a half TOPS!!) I go outside and he asks me if everything is ok and I tell him it's just been a little crazy and it was totally an accident, we're all ok!! He then asks to come in because since it was a "personal alarm" he has to make sure there's no one in the house sending me outside to get rid of the cops (smart cops-gotta love the thinkin' ahead!!) so I let him in the house, he sees Jackson, and then poor Dennis is still in the bathroom sick has to holler 'yeah, I'm ok' through the door!!

So the cop checks the house, gets my name, birth date, etc while I'm repeatedly apologizing for taking up his time with our STUPID mistake when Dennis finally comes out of the bathroom (I honestly think the cop was waiting around to make sure no one else was in the bathroom with him!!) to say 'he's really ok' too:) We tell him 'thank you' over again and apologize for having him come (when he responds he's just glad we're ok and it wasn't a real one-which we are too, believe me!!)

OH MY GOOOOOOOD-NESS!! So today, after this HIGHLY entertaining and THANKFULLY TOTAL false alarm- I.AM.THANKFUL. For a home security system that works really quite well and efficiently along with my awesome local police force!!!! Ahhhh, the things I am thankful for....:)

2 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

And why did I find out about this blog from my husband?! Why haven't I been informed that there's a new way to stay in touch with you, friend?! =) Love you! And you can bet I'll be checking in from time to time.

JaNae said...

Nice. Love the story. And why did I not know you have a blog???